At Start Sobriety now, we offer diverse treatment options that are available to help those who are struggling with drug and alcohol abuse overcome their addiction. Rehab centers often take a 12-step approach to recovery and use medications to assist with the process and have proven to be effective for many people. However, for those people who are interested in a more natural approach to recovery, holistic rehab might be better solution.
Holistic addiction recovery facilities are becoming extremely popular, and for good reason: Medical professionals consider them a successful and safe way to overcome drug and/or alcohol addiction and abuse.
What is a Holistic Rehab Facility?
A holistic rehabilitation center assists patients who are battling with substance abuse overcome their addiction by providing them with treatment options that improve the health of their body, mind and spirit: in other words, the approaches that are used in holistic rehab treat the entire person. These centers are alternatives to standard methods that are used to treat addiction, such as psychotherapy, 12-step program, support groups and medication.
Don’t wait to recover. Start Sobriety Now!
How Does Holistic Rehabilitation Work?
At holistic rehabilitation centers, medical professionals that specialize in holistic approaches aim to treat the entire person; mind, body and spirit. Instead of using medications, a variety of natural healing tactics are employed to rid the body of the toxins that have built up in a person’s body as a result of drug and alcohol abuse.
The processes that are used in holistic rehab can help patients face the underlying issues that have lead to their addiction in the first place, including any spiritual, mental and physical struggles that they have endured. Some of the treatments that are commonly used in a holistic rehab include yoga, acupuncture, meditation, sensory deprivation therapy, art therapy and music therapy. The aim of the treatments that are used is to heal the entire person, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. For more information on the methods of holistic treatment, call us today to speak with an addiction specialist.
Request a Call
No Fields Found.
Our goal is to provide you with the best rehab or detox experience. A treatment counselor will verify your insurance to check whether you qualify as a candidate. Travel arrangements can be made to place you in the best situation possible starting you on your journey to recovery!
The Benefits of Holistic Rehabilitation
Holistic rehab centers provide a number of benefits for people who are struggling with addiction. Some of the primary benefits for patients include:
- Identifying the root of their addiction
- Understanding the events, in detail, that have led to their drug use, abuse and addiction
- Coping with the triggers that prompt substance use via visualization, disruption of thoughts and relaxation
- Finding healthy and productive alternatives to drug use
- Developing a long-term plan for recovery
Holistic substance abuse and addiction facilities combine some of the treatments that are used at traditional rehab centers, including round-the-clock supervision and medical care, detoxification, as well as individual and group therapy sessions with holistic treatments. By combining both traditional and holistic therapies, patients receive the ideal balance to help them effectively recover from substance abuse and addiction.
Some of the services that are commonly used at our holistic recovery centers include:
- Regular exercise, including biking, mountain climbing, swimming or hiking
- Massage therapy
- Nutritional therapy, which often includes meal plans that are made of all-natural, organic ingredients and focus on the nutritional deficiencies that often occur as a result of substance abuse and addiction
- Spiritual counseling
- Art therapy
- Sensory deprivation therapy
- Music therapy
- Tai chi
The majority of holistic recovery centers concentrate on teaching patients how to become mindful; they encourage patients to understand how they relate to the world and how the world relates to them. Nature often plays a large role in the process of holistic recovery, which is why our holistic rehab partners are usually located in serene, natural settings, such as the beach, the mountains or near lakes.
Holistic Rehab: Things to Consider
Just like you would with any of our rehabilitation centers, you should thoroughly evaluate a holistic rehab before enrolling. Doing so will ensure that you choose a program that is right for you and will be the most effective in helping you recover and achieve sobriety. But do not worry; at Start Sobriety Now, our treatment specialists do the hard work of determining which center will work best for your unique needs. We simplify the process so you can focus all your time and attention on your recovery.
Here are a few things you should take into consideration when evaluating a holistic rehab center:a
- The type of treatment options that are offered. You want to choose a facility that offers a variety of treatment options. Why? – Because not every type of treatment works for every person. A high-quality holistic rehab facility will custom-tailor the treatment approach that is used for each individual to ensure the best possible results. Ask our addiction specialists what types of therapies and other activities are offered, and whether or not you are required to participate in all activities. At some holistic centers, you may be able to opt out of activities that you may not be comfortable with.
- The length of the program. There should be several program lengths to choose from, such as a 30 or 60 days. Some people find that shorter programs work better, while others find that long-term programs yield the best results. Often times, patients enroll for a program and decide that they would like to either have a shorter or a longer stay. Find out if you can start with a short-term program and then extend your stay, if you find that you need it. These are all concerns that can be directed to one of our team members, who will be assisting with finding the best program for you.
- The location of the program. As mentioned above, holistic rehab centers are usually located in natural settings that are removed from the rest of society. Find out what type of setting the center is located in to ensure that it suits your interests; for example, if you do not like the beach, you might fare better in a mountain setting. You also want to find out how far away the facility is from where you live.
- The cost of the program. Holistic rehab centers tend to be more expensive than more traditional facilities for several reasons, including the wide range of complementary therapies that are offered, the high-quality foods and the pristine settings. You want to make sure that you choose a treatment center that you can afford. If you are unsure of your financial situation, call us today to verify your insurance to best determine your options.
Holistic rehabilitation for substance abuse has proven to be highly effective for countless people, and it could be the solution to overcoming your addiction that you seek. If you are struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, call us today to speak with one of our trained treatment specialists at (800) 553-6192. Ask about our holistic rehab options and begin your journey to health and wholeness today!